1 comment
I never ever wrote poetry until a few years ago, when the son of a friend died. Now I have a few I've never shown anyone. They're very simple and not very literary! But this seemed appropriate for Easter, so here it is!

Like the song of the lark, let our praises rise,
Floating to God in eternal skies.
Like sweet perfume rising above,
Expressing our thanks to the God of Love.
The sky is bluer, the day more bright,
When we bask in the sunshine of His loving light.
For faith sees the sunshine, and not the storm,
Believes when it’s dark in a brighter morn.
For after the tears, great joy He’ll bring,
So praise His name and let your heart sing.

1 comments:

Hi Susanna,

I'm not a religious person but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beauty of the words... thanks for sharing

Stay Safe
Always Anjli

back to top